8 cups of cubed whole-grain bread (or your preferred type of bread)
1 cup of textured soy protein (TSP) or soy crumbles (rehydrated according to package instructions)
1 large onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons dried sage
2 teaspoons dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for sautéing
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large skillet, heat a bit of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the chopped onions and celery until they become translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
3. Add the rehydrated textured soy protein (TSP) or soy crumbles to the skillet. Cook and stir for a few minutes until it starts to brown slightly.
4. Stir in the dried sage and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cubed bread and the sautéed soy and vegetable mixture.
6. Pour the vegetable broth and soy sauce over the mixture and gently stir until it's evenly moistened. Adjust the amount of broth as needed to reach your desired level of moisture.
7. Transfer the stuffing mixture to a greased baking dish.
8. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
9. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the top is crispy and golden.
10. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving